Thursday, June 10, 2010

A place for my head

As I walk around letting the cool rain fall down upon me. I close my eyes and tilt my head back letting every drop hit me and drip down my face. I hear the thunder in the distance and can notice the bright flash of light through my eye lids. I catch the scent of the fresh rain as it hits the earth and can hear every drop. I then find a dry spot to sit down and watch the storm pass by admiring every minute that passes. I look around and notice how vivid everything looks, how brilliant the gravel appears. How much greener the grass seems, and even though everything is dead around me, how it all comes to life. The clouds pass by with the gloomy look to them, then the lightning hits, brightening everything up. The Sun finally sets, and the nightfall pours over, the city lights are what's left to illuminate the darkness. Time passes by me and I take in one last deep breath before ending the night. I bid them farewell and whisper to my grandparents goodnight and thank them for sharing a wonder evening with me. I kneel down paying my respects then get up slowly to walk away, with tears in my eyes knowing I will one day see them again. Thoughts are clear to me and I know that no matter what, I must do what I can to make them proud, and even though they are not around I know they are still watching over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment